Monday, December 24, 2007

God Bless Us, Everyone


Oh, yes, Virginia. That's me and Mr. C.
I do remember this photo. Grant's department store, Philadelphia, PA. I was four.
Something about this Santa was creepy and I wasn't having any of it. Did I pick out that outfit? You betcha.
Its Christmas Eve, we are home and planning to watch the 1951 Alistair Sim 'Christmas Carol' fortified by some Christmas spirit of our own. The cat is sporting a 'noghawk', he slapped an eggnog milkshake off the counter earlier and then stood under the plastic bag holding all the sopping napkins I cleaned it up with, which of course had a leak, patiently licking whatever dripped through and absorbing the rest just behind his left ear until I discovered his ministrations to my increasingly sticky floor and cleaned it up properly.
We spent the night last night at our in-laws and enjoyed family, friends, and decorations, I haven't gotten much done in the way of decorating at home so it was nice to be in a house where there is even a Nativity scene (flanked with candles) in the bathroom. (I still intend to do something here. Really. ) In the meantime, the breakfast casserole is ready to be fired up tomorrow morning, our gifts are wrapped, and most importantly, in this cold winter week we have each other--and we'll have a simple, grateful Christmas day. I wish you all the same.
Feliz Navidad!

No comments: