Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Grandma Will Be So Proud

79

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Superior

Take the test!



I just made it into the 'very superior' category! Of course, I could have clinched it if I managed to make sure my stocking seams were straight. I checked off that I wear red nail polish too, not sure if that is a plus or a minus. I know Himself would tell you its a minus when I'm doing it, since he hates the smell.

Himself and I have been married 11 1/2 years. I was thinking while I was driving yesterday that I need to appreciate him more, this on the heels of a couple of days where little things he was doing were driving me crazy, mostly of the borrowing-without-asking variety. I huffily scooped a couple of piles of dirty clothes up off the floor, threatened him with bodily harm if he helped himself to my pen stash, and lamented the fact that he used my last good razor blade.

I've been thinking how dumb all that stuff is. And I assert that I reached that conclusion all on my own, and not because something like this happened not too far from where we live. At the end of the day I go home to a kind, trustworthy, smart and creative man. One who tolerates my slipshod housekeeping, occasional cooking, endless meetings, and waking at 3am or so weekly to the shattering alarm of my pager so I can go jump in an ambulance and deal with someone else's bad day.

So lets have a little Wednesday morning gratitude. Tell us why your Significant Other is awesome.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Oooo...I need to go take this test. My number is bound to be the lowest on record.

Suzy said...

I did not do well on that test even though I checked off red fingernail polish either. I think it had something to do with my big mouth and ability to use it?

Anonymous said...

My husband just bought me an ottomam. I complained about my legs hurting on the sofa and viola!
He's awesome. Wait, does furniture count as awesome?