Friday, May 09, 2008

Freaky Friday, or, how I amuse myself when I drive all the time

I would just like to say that it is my conviction

That longer hair and other flamboyant affectations of appearance
are nothing more

Than the male's emergence from his drab camouflage

Into the gaudy plumage which is the birthright of his sex.

There is a peculiar notion that elegant plumage and fine feathers are not proper for the male

when actually.......

That is the way things are in most species.




I think I drove about 600 miles this week. It felt like it anyway. This morning as I was heading back into New York for the umpty-umpth time I had another one of those moments that makes me love this area. A local guy was being charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Pretty common, yes, but they felt necessary to add that it was specifically that he'd made a bong out of a deer antler.

The radio was starting to get to me; even stuff I like I was hearing too much of. So I did what I always do on a gray drizzly day when the radio annoys me and I'm in danger of drifting off; I sing show tunes. The above was taken from Hair, the only musical I could audition for cold, I could literally sing any song they asked me to. For some reason, I thought it might translate nicely into a post. If you want to hear a pretty good performance of it, here you go.



Most of the reason this week was so long had to do with my other "job", which you can read about here. If you don't feel like clicking over, I'll sum it up for you.
1. Any day could be the last day. Don't waste it.
2. Don't drink and drive.
3. If you think you might get puked on, roll up your sleeves.

No comments: