I love doing memes. I look at them as a sort of writing prompt, slightly more dignified than the ones I seem to get forwarded on MySpace. I have a lot of MySpace friends that are considerably younger than me. Even though they gamely forward me their lists of 40 questions along with everyone else, I get the feeling they really don’t want my answer to “Who is the last person u kissed” and “What’s the weirdest place u ever did the deed”. It’s kind of like playing Truth or Dare with your mother’s younger sister. She’s fun and cool, but still old enough that there’s stuff you don’t want to know about her because Thanksgiving would be awkward.
Here’s the latest from the fabulous Tricia, which I volunteered to do because I thought it looked fun.
Four films I’d watch again: (I assume this means again and again!)
1. Enchanted April (The thinking woman’s chick flick. No Cameron Diaz.)
2. Like Water for Chocolate (Yes, its in Spanish. But its awesome and has Marco Leonardi in it, who is delicious. )
3. High Fidelity (I love the whole movie, but its worth it just to see Jack Black dancing like a spastic dreidel to ‘Walking on Sunshine’. Plus it has John Cusack.)
4. Say Anything (There are a lot of movies I have memorized in their entirety, this is probably the one for which I could write out whole pages of the script just from screenshots. Plus it has John Cusack.)
Four places I’ve lived:
1. Swedesboro, NJ
2. Downingtown, PA
3. Grantham, PA (Messiah College)
4. Belfast, Northern Ireland (for too, too short a time)
Four TV shows I watch: (We got rid of our dish and don’t watch TV per se, but we do get some shows from Netflix.)
1. The Office (UK and USA)
2. Freaks and Geeks (arguably one of the best shows ever made, I own the entire series on DVD. )
3. Heroes (We are working our way through Season 1, prior to the last two months I’d never seen even a minute of the show. I love it.)
4. The Sopranos (I missed the last couple of seasons, watching them on Netflix now. I know already that the ending is BS, I still feel like I need to see it through.)
Four things to eat:
1. Homemade manicotti with handmade crepe shells (one of my specialties)
2. Crabmeat stuffed mushrooms
3. The occasional burger on a lightly toasted kaiser with crisp bacon and cheddar cheese, medium, with a drizzle of barbecue sauce and a side of sweet potato fries with honey mustard dipping sauce. And a pickle. (I’m sorry…was that more than one thing? Shameless plug—Harland’s Family Restaurant in Wellsboro, PA best place to have this meal. So good you’ll cry.)
4. Foldy pizza. Big, flat slices, thin and crisp crust, with pepperoni that requires a napkin blotting from a NON-CHAIN pizza place owned by guys from Jersey.
Four places I’d rather be:
1. Taino Beach, Grand Bahama Island…failing that…..
2. Here in Tioga County PA when its 25 degrees warmer and there are leaves on the trees
3. On the way to a weekend getaway with himself
4. Sitting at a table in a non-chain café with a cup of coffee and a really good book, or a cup of coffee and a journal and a really good pen.
Four people to tag (if they want to do it):
1. Lisa from ‘Boondock Ramblings’
2. Himself over at ‘Unfinished Person’
3. Miss Anna at ‘Everyday Occasions’
4. Oh Silly One over to MySpace
And just for funs, the only 'Four' song that came to mind this morning.