Monday, January 04, 2010

The Road Not Taken (On account of the corn)

Once in a while I experience a twinge of guilt, thinking perhaps my blog title here is a bit marginalizing and judgy, like, who am I anyway and this isn't so far out in the country and whatnot. Then I get directions to a party, which I reproduce here in all of their informational (and punctual) glory.



directions to Party


Take Rt.6 E to 287 N take the first left hand turn onto Marsh Creek Road

(this is across from the train station ,or toward Butlers where you buy

corn. Stay on Marsh Creek Road do not turn they did not get the corn picked)

Follow this road to just around the corner about a mile turn right onto Trailerpark
Lane. Ronnie has a navitiy scene and other lights in her yard
she is the only double wide.Parking in driveway and along the road.


Awesome.

9 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

I always thought your blog title was perfect anyway. This now confirms. Makes one wonder what the directions from the Native American's before us, looked like!
Maureen

Tricia said...

I've gotten directions much more backwater than that - roads with no names and instructions like turn left after you see the giant man. :)

Debor said...

Roads that involve the words "marsh", "creek", or "trailerpark" indicate the fittingness of your blog title. Which is why I look forward to every new post!

*Also directions involving corn fields... :)

Ferd said...

LOLOL!
A little bit country!

(Clicked over from Kathy Frederick's facebook link.)

JD at I Do Things said...

I love "where you buy corn." Does Butler's sell anything else, or is their corn just that fantastic?!

Shieldmaiden96 said...

Maureen: I don't know about native Americans, but the natives around here tend to navigate by landmarks no less than 30 years old.

Tricia: I was once directed to a house 'by the old beaver dam'.I'm afraid my recognition of landmarks does not extend to defunct beaver settlements.

Debor: We also have a 'Muck Road'. Predictably, it passes through state game lands known as 'The Muck'.

Ferd: Oh, a LOT.

JD- They do sell other things, but the corn is outstanding. On a Saturday you have to get over there early or its all gone. the funny thing is, its not Butler's anymore. But people will call it that forever.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

As you know I get this all the time...usually turn left at the red barn next to the field of cows....

Like there aren't 5,000 of those in this county!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA! That is so funny... even better for those of us who know exactly where all of those places are!! love it!

BohemiAnn said...

These comments are almost as hilarious as your blog entry. I laughed aloud...more than once.