Monday, October 24, 2005

Cold Front + High Altitude = White Halloween

I've been staring at the National Weather Service website quite a lot lately.
First I was worried about this hurricane, worried that as it peters out across the NE US it would dump rain on us. More specifically, that it would dump rain on my move. Well, it looks like I'll dodge that bullet, since the rain should be past by Wednesday. Just for fun I typed in my new zipcode to see what the weekend holds in store, since I'll be there this weekend. I was greeted with this:
Winter Storm Watch
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA1118 AM EDT MON OCT 24 2005...
SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL POSSIBLE IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS TONIGHT
AND TUESDAY....A STORM SYSTEM WILL DEVELOP OVERHEAD TONIGHT...COOLING THE AIR AND CREATING SNOW OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS...AND A RAIN/SNOW MIX IN THE VALLEYS. MCKEAN-POTTER-ELK-CAMERON-NORTHERN CLINTON-CLEARFIELD-NORTHERN CENTRE-CAMBRIA-SOMERSET-TIOGA-NORTHERN LYCOMING-SULLIVAN-SOUTHERN LYCOMING-COLUMBIA
-1118 AM EDT MON OCT 24 2005...
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM EDT THIS
EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING FOR ELEVATIONS ABOVE 1400 FEET...

A ha ha, I said to myself, I'm not above 1400 feet where I'm going. WRONG!! A quick check

2 comments:

Shieldmaiden96 said...

The blog seems a little wonky tonight; I did finish that entry but it keeps stopping there. Oh well.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

what... you scared of a little snow? Huh? Huh? Pussy-girl. You're never gonna make it up here in the wilds. You got me? Never gonna make it. Survival of the fittest. No, I said fittest. Don't give me attitude. I know what I said. Damn. Rich chicks are so moody.....